Teeth Whitening – Waco, TX
Two Safe, Reliable Ways To Whiten Your Smile
As a cosmetic dentist in Waco, we’ve found that teeth whitening is one of our most popular procedures because it’s a fast, easy way to change your smile and take years off your appearance. And with two options to fit everyone’s needs, you’ll be sure to find the one that works best for you. If you’d like to brighten your smile, give our office a call today to discuss getting started!
Our in-office whitening is done in just one visit and usually takes about two hours. Here’s what you can expect:
- We’ll begin with pictures of your initial shade so we can evaluate your final results.
- Then we’ll isolate and protect your lips, gums, and cheeks before applying the whitening gel to your teeth. Next, by exposing your teeth to a special light, we can accelerate the process by about 40%.
- We’ll check your teeth every 15 minutes to make sure they don’t feel sensitive.
- When your final result is achieved, we’ll discuss the best way to maintain your results at home.
Take-Home Whitening Kits
With take-home whitening, you can get started in just two visits:
- First, we’ll take impressions to custom make whitening trays that fit your teeth perfectly. This improves your results because the whitening gel is able to reach the entire surface area of your teeth.
- Your second visit will be 1-2 weeks later. You’ll pick up your trays and a supply of whitening solution and get instructions for how to wear them at home.
- Then you’ll wear the trays for 30-60 minutes each day for about two weeks.
Which Option Is Right For Me and Can I Use Both?
Both of our options for teeth whitening in Waco will give you the same great final results and you can expect your smile to be 6-10 shades whiter. With that said, here are a few questions to ask yourself before making a decision:
- Do you have a special event coming up soon and feel concerned that you won’t have time to whiten at home beforehand? An in-office treatment is perfect for these situations.
- Is your daily schedule packed with work, kids, projects, etc.? Are you able to commit at least an hour each day to whitening your teeth at home? If you’re particularly busy every day, you may benefit from having your treatment completed in just one in-office visit.
- Do you consume large amounts of coffee, tea, or red wine? If so, a take-home option is helpful because it allows you to touch-up your results quickly and easily.
- Are your teeth extremely sensitive to cold temperatures? Although both of our whitening options contain special anti-sensitivity ingredients, you may consider a take-home kit because you can whiten at a very gradual pace and minimize the risk of sensitivity even further.
Also, you always have the option of using both treatments for optimal results. This allows you to enjoy your new shade right away while also being able to touch-up at home as often as you’d like to keep your smile looking great.
It’s also important to note that everyone, regardless of how they initially whiten their teeth, will need to touch-up periodically. How often it’s necessary depends on your lifestyle (dietary choices, oral hygiene, red wine, tobacco use, etc.) but many people touch-up about once per year. This is incredibly easy when you have custom trays at home because you’ll only need to purchase inexpensive re-fills of whitening gel.
If you’d like to know more about which choice is right for you, give us a call to schedule a consultation. We’ll be happy to help you make the best decision for your needs!